It’s a week or two later than you’d expect, and it may be almost a trite question, but … what were your favorite books from 2008?
(It’s an oldie but a goodie question for a reason, after all … because, who can’t use good book suggestions from time to time?)
Favorite books huh? I have seen a lot of Best of 2008 posts around but for some reason I haven’t done any. I have listed Books read in 2008 and mentioned names but I guess this is something I have been waiting for. A motivation. Actually I was so tired after linking so many reviews for ‘Books read in 2008’ that I did not want to do ‘The best books’. But here they are, finally.
Sybil : This was a very different book for me in the sense I got to dwell in the mind of an unstable woman and got to really understand what multiple personality was all about.
Empress Orchid : Reading this book was like watching a movie. I am reading the sequel ‘The last Empress’ currently and I am loving it just the same.
I’m not scared : This was one of the best thrillers I have read in 2008.
Legends of Pensam: I think I haven’t yet read a book whose language was as beautiful and lyrical as this one’s. I might just read it again to experience the sheer beauty of the words again.
Seduce me at sunrise: This one was as romantic and steamy as a book can get. I have a new favorite romantic author.
Anne of Green Gables: Can a girl be sweeter than Anne? I don’t know why I waited this long to read this book. I am looking out for the sequels now. I am glad there are quite a few.
The book Thief: I loved that the narrator of this book was death; it gave a different flavor to the book. I don’t think I need to say more as most of you might have already read it.
And last but not the least
Fairy Tales of the Allied nations: If you like Fairy Tales, nothing like this book.
Jace gave me an award 🙂
I think it’s really pretty. Thanks Jace.
On to 6 things now. I am listing them in no particular order.
Before I continue, here are the rules that come with this award:
~Mention the blog that gave it to you.
~Comment on their blog to let them know you’ve posted the award.
~Share 6 values that are important to you.
~Share 6 things you do not support.
~Share the love with 6 other blogging friends.
Can I mention anything 6 instead? I think I will go for the 6 most memorable occasions in 2008 with or without the exact dates. I am bad at remembering dates.
1) When J proposed to me and I said no, lol. I think he proposed to me at least 50 times more which brings me to the next point.
2) When I proposed to J. There is even a post somewhere with the entire mail I send to him. Wait, here it is.
3) The day I moved to Bangalore. I think 21st March 2008.
4) My sister’s marriage. I think it was 11th July 2008. I really hope it’s the right date. Or was it 9th July?
5) The day I told my parents that I want to marry J. I don’t remember the date, in fact I want to wipe it from my memory altogether. But it was sometime in September.
6) The day I left Bangalore. I think it was 29th August. My blog actually helps me remember most of the dates.
So there. I am supposed to nominate 6 others, but really, the ones I want to nominate have already got the award.