Here’s how to go about it:
1. Grab a camera and take a photo of your desk! Or anywhere you stack your books/TBR pile. And no tidying! Add this photo to your blog.Tag at least 5 people! Come back here and leave a link back to your photo in the Mr. Linky.
2. List at least 5 BOOKISH things on your desk (I’m thinking your TBR pile or books you haven’t shelved…) List at least 5 NON BOOK things. (I’m thinking some of some of the more unusual items on your desk/table?) Tag at least 5 people to do the same. Come back here and leave your link, so we can come and visit your blog. Or add your answers in the comments if you don’t have a blog.
Do you really want to know? Well, have a look anyway.
I have 2 views of my desk, vertical and horizontal. To view individual items in close-up (as if anyone would want to); click on the second pic to enlarge it.
Please ignore the age-old monitor, I have been meaning to change it but really, I like it like this. I don’t like huge screen monitors. Flat screen? Well, that would be something worth considering. But I don’t fuss over it.
So my desk is messy, isn’t it? Say it, I know it is. Its almost embarrassing.
5 non-bookish things
1. An empty Tea mug.
2. Lakme Moisturizer. This is the one thing I would carry with me if there would be a rule that allowed me to carry only one make-up item. Not that I would call a moisturizer a makeup item. It’s a necessity, for me. But I don’t have any explanation of why it’s on my desk instead of the makeup shelf.
3. My cell phone.
4. Lots of CD’s here and there. Mostly movies, some music. And yes, I don’t keep my CD’s lying like clutter. I do have a separate shelf but that’s in another room, so it’s convenient to keep my most used CD’s close.
5. A Pen Stand. (on the right)
5 bookish things:
1. Another pen stand with all my bookmarks other than a few scattered here and there.
2. Books of course. These keep on changing almost everyday. As you can see my bookshelf is a part of my desk, so I can keep on shuffling books as and when I like. I can’t seem to find any more bookish things. I have a box where I keep all the media material that comes with the books, but that won’t fit on my desk. I don’t keep a journal too, so I guess that’s it. I’ll give you the names of the books though. I was trying to decide what to read next, that’s the best part 🙂
1. The Secret Daughter (was writing a review for this)
2. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (I was waiting forever for the paperback, finally I found it 🙂 )
3. The Sweet Potato Queen, book of Love
4. Say you’re one of them by Uwem Akpan
5. Behind Every Illusion
6. Almost Single
And yes, I kept my blog open on purpose :). I don’t keep staring at my blog all the time.
What else? That’s it. If you see anything interesting and would like to know what it is, just ask. As if 🙂
Give this a shot if you feel like. It’s just another fun, frivolous and good for the mood meme.